Sex Crime Attorneys in Denton
Fighting to Protect Your Rights
When a person is charged with a sex crime, there will likely be extensive media attention devoted to the case. Suspects are treated as guilty before they ever have a chance to offer a defense, making it difficult to obtain a fair trial. This is why you need to reach out to our sex crime lawyers in Denton right away.
At the James H. Horton Law Firm, P.C., we provide aggressive representation to those who have been accused of sex crimes. Our lead attorney, Jim Horton, is a specialist in criminal law, as certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He has handled hundreds of jury trials throughout the state, and he can use these skills to present a strong defense to the allegations you are facing. In addition, David Lowrance also has experience working as a police officer, and we know how the other side handles these kinds of cases.
Do Not Plead Guilty Without Discussing Your Options
Many people want to put these accusations behind them as soon as possible and make the mistake of entering a plea without understanding the consequences of a conviction. We take the time to explain the possible defenses available to you.
Our criminal defense lawyers can help you if you have been charged with any of the following sex crimes:
- Sexual assault and aggravated sexual assault (rape)
- Child sexual abuse charges involving juvenile or adult defendants
- Additional felony crimes concerning sexual violence
Many of these crimes care extensive prison sentences. In some situations, even a first-time offender could be looking at spending the rest of his or her life behind bars. In addition, those convicted will be forced to comply with the requirements of the state’s sex offender registry. This means that they will be facing restrictions on where they can live or work long after they have finished their prison sentences.
Defenses to Sex Crime Allegations
There are numerous approaches we could use to defend you from allegations of a sexual nature.
Some of the most successful defenses we have used for clients include approaches related to:
- Consent – In many cases, it is just your word against that of the accuser, without any corroborating witness. Our lawyers can help scrutinize the evidence to demonstrate how consent was actually present.
- False allegations – Tragically, we have seen many instances of a victim falsely accusing a defendant, whether to get revenge or profit monetarily. Sometimes this may even occur out of pure malice. We can find the holes in your accuser’s claims to show how you are the real victim.
- Factual innocence – DNA evidence is one of the strongest proofs that you were simply not the perpetrator at the crime, and that the entire case should be thrown out.
- Mistaken identity – In some cases, a crime may have occurred, but the accuser is entirely mistaken in identifying you as the perpetrator, perhaps because of diminished vision, confusion ensued from the trauma or even a physical resemblance between you and the actual perpetrator.
Get the Representation You Need
Should you be accused of a sex crime, you need to understand that prosecutors take these cases seriously. The state has been gathering evidence to use against you before you were even arrested for the offense. You need a powerful legal advocate on your side. As soon as you contact our experienced sex crime lawyers in Denton, we can immediately begin building your defense and preparing for trial.
He goes above and beyond to met his clients needs.- Gregory W.
Jim Horton is not only great lawyer but, a great person.- Christopher R.
I'll always be indebted to him for the fantastic job he did for me.- Mark M.
You will LOVE the final outcome.- Frank M.
Jim Horton is the attorney you want on your side.- Gigi L.
We Value Honesty & Show Genuine Care to Every Client
We Are Determined & Won't Back Down from a Challenging Case
Thousands of Trials Handled & Over 500 Tried to a Jury
Mr. Horton Is Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board Of Legal Specialization